- My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my
- For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add
- Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy
neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
- So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the
sight of God and man.
- Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto
thine own understanding.
- In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy
- Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart
- It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
- Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits
of all thine increase:
- So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses
shall burst out with new wine.
- My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be
weary of his correction:
- For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father
the son [in whom] he delighteth.
- Happy [is] the man [that] findeth wisdom, and the man
[that] getteth understanding.
- For the merchandise of it [is] better than the merchandise
of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
- She [is] more precious than rubies: and all the things thou
canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
- Length of days [is] in her right hand; [and] in her left
hand riches and honour.
- Her ways [are] ways of pleasantness, and all her paths
- She [is] a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and
happy [is every one] that retaineth her.
- The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding
hath he established the heavens.
- By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds
drop down the dew.
- My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound
wisdom and discretion:
- So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
- Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall
- When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou
shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
- Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of
the wicked, when it cometh.
- For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy
foot from being taken.
- Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is
in the power of thine hand to do [it].
- Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to
morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.
- Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth
securely by thee.
- Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee
- Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
- For the froward [is] abomination to the LORD: but his
secret [is] with the righteous.
- The curse of the LORD [is] in the house of the wicked: but
he blesseth the habitation of the just.
- Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto
- The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the
promotion of fools.
King James Bible 1603
(Network Version, 1994)
Cross References: Latin Vulgate, French, German, Italian, Spanish