- My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my
commandments with thee;
- So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, [and] apply
thine heart to understanding;
- Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, [and] liftest up thy
voice for understanding;
- If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as
[for] hid treasures;
- Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find
the knowledge of God.
- For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth [cometh]
knowledge and understanding.
- He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: [he is] a
buckler to them that walk uprightly.
- He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of
- Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and
equity; [yea], every good path.
- When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is
pleasant unto thy soul;
- Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep
- To deliver thee from the way of the evil [man], from the
man that speaketh froward things;
- Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of
- Who rejoice to do evil, [and] delight in the frowardness of
- Whose ways [are] crooked, and [they] froward in their
- To deliver thee from the strange woman, [even] from the
stranger [which] flattereth with her words;
- Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the
covenant of her God.
- For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the
- None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold
of the paths of life.
- That thou mayest walk in the way of good [men], and keep
the paths of the righteous.
- For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect
shall remain in it.
- But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the
transgressors shall be rooted out of it.
King James Bible 1603
(Network Version, 1994)
Cross References: Latin Vulgate,
French, German, Italian, Spanish