- Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that
hateth reproof [is] brutish.
- A good [man] obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of
wicked devices will he condemn.
- A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root
of the righteous shall not be moved.
- A virtuous woman [is] a crown to her husband: but she that
maketh ashamed [is] as rottenness in his bones.
- The thoughts of the righteous [are] right: [but] the
counsels of the wicked [are] deceit.
- The words of the wicked [are] to lie in wait for blood: but
the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
- The wicked are overthrown, and [are] not: but the house of
the righteous shall stand.
- A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he
that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
- [He that is] despised, and hath a servant, [is] better than
he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
- A righteous [man] regardeth the life of his beast: but the
tender mercies of the wicked [are] cruel.
- He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread:
but he that followeth vain [persons is] void of understanding.
- The wicked desireth the net of evil [men]: but the root of
the righteous yieldeth [fruit].
- The wicked is snared by the transgression of [his] lips:
but the just shall come out of trouble.
- A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of [his]
mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered
- The way of a fool [is] right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel [is] wise.
- A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent [man]
- [He that] speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but
a false witness deceit.
- There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but
the tongue of the wise [is] health.
- The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a
lying tongue [is] but for a moment.
- Deceit [is] in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to
the counsellors of peace [is] joy.
- There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked
shall be filled with mischief.
- Lying lips [are] abomination to the LORD: but they that
deal truly [are] his delight.
- A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools
- The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful
shall be under tribute.
- Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good
word maketh it glad.
- The righteous [is] more excellent than his neighbour: but
the way of the wicked seduceth them.
- The slothful [man] roasteth not that which he took in
hunting: but the substance of a diligent man [is] precious.
- In the way of righteousness [is] life; and [in] the
pathway [thereof there is] no death.
King James Bible 1603
(Network Version, 1994)
Cross References: Latin Vulgate, French, German, Italian, Spanish